At North Notts Physiotherapy we provide both pre and post surgery rehabilitation. Whether you are about to have planned elective surgery such as a knee or hip replacement or you have had to undergo an unplanned operation such as emergency stomach surgery or repair of a fractured neck of femur, we can help. We can provide pre and post surgery rehabilitation for a range of conditions including the following.
- Joint replacement surgery including hip, knee and shoulder replacements
- Orthopaedic trauma surgery such as repair of a bone fracture
- Spinal surgery
- Stomach or bowel surgery
- Hernia repair
Evidence has shown the benefits of pre operative physiotherapy prior to orthopaedic surgery. Having a tailored pre op exercise programme to maintain function strength and range of movement can ensure a better recovery process.
Post surgical rehabilitation can play an important role in your recovery process. It can take some time to get back on your feet following surgery, it can often put the body under enormous stress and can leave muscles weakened. This is why it is often necessary to undergo some post surgery physiotherapy.
You want to be sure you are doing the right exercises at the right time and in the right way.
How we can help
North Notts Physiotherapy can help guide you through each stage of your recovery from early care to return to activities and sports and support you to recover as quickly as possible. We can help by providing the following.
- Deep breathing and circulation exercises to prevent any complications that can arise from surgery
- Practise and advice on how to safely manoeuvre around the home including transfers from the bed and chair
- Provide instructions on how to use equipment such as walking frames, crutches or slings
- Practise of exercises and progressing them accordingly to help with restoring range of movement and strength
- Mobility practise with guidance on how to progress your mobility and activity as you improve
- Advice on return to hobbies and normal activities
At north Notts Physiotherapy we ensure that treatment is based around your specific goals and needs. If you would like to book an appointment or ask us a question please contact us