North Notts Physiotherapy offers specialist elderly rehabilitation in the comfort of your own home. As part of the ageing process, the body begins to loose strength, mobility, flexibility and balance. This makes older people more likely to have a fall and less likely to remain active.
An older person suffering from frailty may find it difficult to complete routine daily activities such as getting out of a chair, going up and down stairs or getting out of bed. Without intervention continued deterioration is likely, increasing the risk of falls, injury and other health problems. Fortunately North Notts Physiotherapy can help by providing a full Elderly rehabilitation program in your own home!
How we can help
North Notts Physiotherapy elderly rehabilitation service encourages people to remain active, allowing them to live safely and independently for longer. Physiotherapy can make day to day challenges easier, improving quality of life and giving you more confidence. We can help by providing the following
- Completion of a thorough assessment to identify your individual needs and goals
- A personalised goal specific exercise program to improve muscle strength, particular in the legs
- Practise of functional activities such as walking, standing from a chair or going up and down stairs to improve confidence
- Exercises to improve your fitness to reduce your risk of further health issues
- Advise on walking or equipment aids to allow daily activities to be safer and easier
- Advice on how to relieve pain from conditions such as arthritis
Age UK: frailty and the NHS long term plan – https://www.ageuk.org.uk/our-impact/policy-research/frailty-in-older-people/frailty-and-the-nhs-long-term-plan/
National Institute for health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidance for older people – https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/population-groups/older-people
At north Notts Physiotherapy we ensure that treatment is based around your specific goals and needs. If you would like to book an appointment or ask us a question please contact us